Sunday, 2 November 2014

Week 6

In this week, we were introduced to proving something false and negations of statements. This week really allowed me to increase my understanding of proving complex statements. It gave me the understanding of going from the antecedent to the consequent of the proof by assuming the antecedent and proving the consequent. We were also introduced to proving floor functions by using their definition. This week was another hectic week for me as the concepts at first seemed extremely difficult to comprehend.

One extremely difficult concept, I found was proving the limit of a statement. I was not able to find the proof of limits but I hope to clear my understanding soon.

However, during tutorial, my confusion from last week cleared up as our TA went through many examples of proofs and explained each step carefully. We were also introduced to proof by negation. This allowed me to take the negation of a statement and proving the negation. Upon successful disproval, we have successfully disproven a statement.

No comments:

Post a Comment