This week by far was the most demanding week as we transitioned from proofs into Big Oh analysis. I found it hard to cope up but managed to consolidate lecture notes and office hours to clear up my understanding. We learnt about the formal definition of big-Oh analysis. We learnt that through big-Oh we will be able to count the number of steps in a program execution. We also learnt about the idea of a worst case in a program, which is a case in which a program takes the most amount of steps in execution. The number of steps in a worst case can be calculated if the program takes the most amount of steps.
In tutorial, I finally cleared my understanding of proofs as our tutorial exercise included proofs. This week overall was enjoyable and did not seem very tedious, as I managed to understand the concepts completely.
No comments:
Post a Comment