This week was extremely busy for me as exam preparations were already following the assignment were underway. The exam overall did not seem hard as the questions were similar to the practice paper Professor Heap linked us. I have also practiced with various practice papers from previous course offerings, therefore I was prepared for the exam. In addition, in order to facilitate my learning, I had also read through the book "How to prove it" from the recommendation from Professor Heap.
During Tutorials, we were also introduced to proofs and proving algorithms. We also went through the basic syntax of proofs including comments and indentation. Much of the material covered also linked to my other CS class, CSC148 since the syntax was very similar to Python. It allowed me to connect both subjects and I was ultimately able to find that writing python programs were very similar to writing structured proofs in mathematics. It provided me a lead in to the world of proofs and created a foundation of my understanding of proofs.
No comments:
Post a Comment